Top Picks: Mac Product Favorites

By Trecee Hutchinson - 12:55:00 PM


Mac Cosmetics has always been a go to brand for me when it comes to non drug store makeup. 

The main reason for this is probably because when I was about 16 or so was when the brand was coming up on the height of its popularity. That was over 10 years ago and I still have an affinity for Mac. I don’t go collection crazy when new collections launch, but a lot of my staple base and face products are MAC and that’s what I want to share with you today.

Studio Fix Powder

Studio Fix Powder was literally the first base product in my collection. I was 16 ( so a long time ago!) and I literally begged my mom for this powder and to this date this is my go to powder. I use it to set my liquid foundation and on its own as a powder foundation. The coverage of this is really good for powder foundation and gives a flawless look.

Select Cover up Concealer

This is Mac's lightest coverage Concealer and the best use for me has been to clean up under my brows. It's not heavy so my brows still have a natural appearance, which is a requirement for me. This is also a good concealer to use when you don't feel like wearing foundation. I can easily place this on my eyelids and under my eyes to even out my skin tone, when set with translucent powder gives the perfect every day finish.

Prolongwear Concealer

If you suffer from major under eye bag action and need something to cover it AND not crease or move. This is your concealer. The coverage of this concealer is second to none and I stand by this concealer when I have an event to go it has never failed me.It has a heavy consistency, but blends out well and does not get cakey. The lasting power makes this concealer ideal for events or days when you will not have time to touch up your makeup and need something to last all day.

Studio Fix Fluid

This foundation gets alot of heat because people say MAC makeup breaks them out, but I haven't had that experience at all. I LOVE this foundation, like its HG status for me. The coverage is amazing and I love MAC color matching system for my skin and undertones. I cannot be without this foundation especially for a night out, but in my opinion, it is too heavy for day time wear. I wear this when I have an event to attend where I know I will be taking pictures and need that flawless finish.

Retro Matte Lip Formula

The retro matte formula is perfect when you need your lipstick to last the whole night, but don't want to wear a liquid lipstick. It is drying, but not as drying as the typical liquid lipstick and the colors are really opaque and pigmented. My two faves are All Fired Up, a bright fuchsia , and Runway Hit, which is a light rose nude. These are a must try! I have several posts on MAC lipsticks and lip swatch post you can check out here and here.

Eyeshadow

In my opinion, Mac has a really good eyeshadow formula. I also love that you can now buy single pans for 6 dollars and a palette will run you about 8 dollars, making the eye shadows so much more affordable. Some of my favorites are Mythology, Sketch, Red Brick, and the MAC x Chris Chang collab color "Electric Mandarin" which I featured in my post on the collection.

I have so many more favorites and will probably do another post on my favorite liners and cheek products soon. Comment below your favorite MAC products and any product recommendation below.

MAC Cosmetics Must Have List

Follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin'.

Share this post!!

Quote of the Day:

"Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It's black and white - dramatic. You have to be strong."  -Catherine Zeta-Jones

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments