Pop of Color: NYX Electro Liner Review + Swatches

By Trecee Hutchinson - 7:31:00 PM


Recently (and right now) Ulta had a sale on all NYX products and I had recently purged a bunch of my eyeliners so I decided to try some new colorful liners out...

Enter NYX Electroliners; I saw these on display and decided to try a few out because I'm always instantly attracted to bright colors and these areas bright as they come

The NYX Website describes these as intense retractable eye liner with a matte finish and a lasting finish. There are 14 colors total and these retail for 4.5 and are currently BOGO half off at Ulta.

Let's look at a few Swatches of the 3 I picked up:

Jungle Vibes, Sizzling Sun, Mint Condition



As you can see from the swatches, these are super pigmented! The texture was fairly soft but not too soft which I actually prefer. I tested these out by wearing them on my waterline for a few weeks.

 The things I loved:


1. The color easily applied to the waterline. I had no problems getting the color to show up to full opacity.
2. I wore this to Disney World in intense heat and it lasted all day even through sweat.
3. The colors are boldly pigmented.

The things I didn't like so much:


1. The texture of Mint Condition specifically was really rough. It was hard to apply.
2. Not good for anything but the waterline in my opinion. A little to rough to place on the lash line.


Overall, I enjoyed these liners, with the exception of Mint Condition. I love the color range, but I know that I would only use these as a pop of color on my waterline. So from that perspective, this product isn't versatile. I would not line my top lash or even try to use this as a base for eye shadow as these tugged when I attempted to apply to my upper lash line. I did make these more wearable by warming it up in my bra a bit before I applied them like I do for mascara. I found that they made the product much softer and easier to apply.

Has anyone tried these out yet? Comment your thoughts on these below.

I was on vacation for the past week so I have been slacking on my posts. But the good news is I'm back now and ready to share some of the cool products I picked up over the past month or so.


Share this post too!


XO.

Trecee

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments