Review: Becca AfterGlow Palette + Swatches

By Trecee Hutchinson - 7:35:00 PM



During the Holidays, I picked up the Ulta Exclusive Becca Afterglow palette and immediately fell in love with Becca all over again.



I absolutely love Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors and I already owned "Opal" and " Champagne Gold" so I decided to pick up this palette because of the variety It offered. This palette is a sampler of 5 different products: 3 highlighters (Moonstone, Topaz and Rose Gold) and 2 blushes (Wild Honey and Flowerchild). I had never tried the blushes, but I've heard great things about them, so I jumped at the chance to try out some more Becca products.




I checked out the Ulta Website and it is still available here. All of the shades are a part of the regular Becca collection and can be purchased separately. I think that this is a perfect sample of Becca products. Each shade contains 1.4 grams of products ans is roughly the size of a standard Mac eyeshadow. The palette retails for $39.50.

Now onto the swatches:
Right to Left: Moonstone, Rose Gold, Topaz, Wild Honey, Flowerchild

As you can see, this palette is absolutely gorgeous.

Moonstone (a light whitened gold) is absolutely beautiful. I think that this color is suited for light to light medium skintone. I will probably use this color as an inner corner highlight only and maybe on my cupid's bow. This would pull ashy on my skin as a cheek highlight and no one has time for ashy.

Rose Gold is a gorgeous pink highlight with gold and silver reflex. I love this one as a blush topper when I want something glowy or as a highlighter when I do a nude look.

Topaz is the most wearable color for my NW45 skintone. Its a bronzed gold and reminds me of like a slightly darker Mac "Gold Deposit". I literally bathe in this and use on the high points of my face.

Wild Honey is a beige tan colored blush. The pigmentation is amazing, but this will not show up on my skin. I would still use it as a eyeshadow though or on my lighter toned girlfriends.

Flowerchild is a gorgeous light pink blush with a slight sheen. This gives me a beautiful flush of pink on my cheeks and I absolutely love it.

Review


I am a huge fan of Becca. The Shimmering Skin Perfectors are some of the best highlighters out there. The colors are so reflective and not full of chunky glitter. They last on the face for hours and show up on the face even in pictures.

I like to apply my highlighter with a damp fan brush in order to get the maximum concentration of glow. I would recommend this palette for anyone who wants to try out a variety of Becca's products. For $39.50, you get 5 good sized products. I mean, who ever uses up a whole highlighter any way.

All Becca items are available on their website here or at Sephora.

Let me know what you think about the Afterglow palette or any of Becca's highlighters. Comment below and follow me on Instagram @treceefabulous or SnapChat @treceefab.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These sound and look ammaaaazing! I've been really into highlighters recently and just like you love to use them as eyeshadows (in fact I like to use eyeshadows as highlighters too, but that's another story). I love the idea of a highlighter palette so you can blend them together to tailor make the shade you want!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I love this palette because its so multi functional! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete